Local restaurants and pubs.
Parke Estate - Home Farm Café Only 400 metres from site
Dolphin Hotel, Restaurant & Bar– Bovey Tracey 900 metres away
Café 360 – Bovey Tracey 900 metres away
The Cromwell Arms – Bovey Tracey 1.5km away
The Royal Gurkha 1.5km away
The Bell Inn 1.8km away
Devon Guild of Craftsmen
Devon Guild of Craftsman 1km away
Dartmoor whisky Distillery
Dartmoor Whisky Distillery 1.8km away
House of Marbles
House of Marbles 1km away
Trego mills. Huge shopping centre,usually cheap fuel and a supermarket. 8 Kms
Teignmouth Beach 18.56 Kms away
Shaldon Beach 18.5 Kms away
Ness Beach Sheldon
Ness Beach, Shaldon 19 Kms away
Maidencombe Beach 16 Kms away
Torquay Beaches with Palm Trees. 25 Kms away
- Parke estate
- Parke estate in Bovey Tracey and only 200 metres away from our site, is a beautiful National Trust park with stunning walks and quaint café. The estate is also home to the headquarters of the Devon National Trust and also links to Bovey Tracey and its numerous pubs, restaurants and cafes.
- Dartmoor Whisky Distillery
- Dartmoor Whisky Distillery is based in our home town is only a few minutes’ walk from the camp site. The distillery will soon be opening its doors to the public at weekends, for drinks and entertainment, be sure to visit their site as they have numerous events and tours during the week and weekends.
- River Dart Country Park
- Voted one of the best small visitor attractions in Devon! The River Dart Country Park is packed with adventures and fun for all the family. With over 25 activities included in the price, let your children's imagination run wild - there's excitement for the whole family around every corner!
- Dartmoor national Park
- Dartmoor National Park is only 5 minutes away, a rugged moorland steeped in history, places to visit and activities. No matter what your taste is, Dartmoor can fulfil it, from quaint historical villages to adventurous mountain biking, climbing, hiking and so much more. Be sure to visit the site below to find something to your tastes.
- Rugglestone Inn,Widecome
- The Rugglestone Inn is a unique, un spoilt Dartmoor inn delightfully located in the picturesque village of Widecombe in the Moor. Originally a cottage the grade II listed building was converted to an inn back in 1832 and named after a local logan stone. It is surrounded by peaceful moorland, adjacent to a pretty stream and just a few minutes walk from the centre of the village.
Jill & Martin
Phoned Sarah and asked if we could come for the weekend as we had some time to our selves and the weather was OK. Sarah opened up the site just for us. Many thanks for the peace and quiet you gave us. We shan't forget you Sarah. Thanks Jill and Martin.
Saturday, 16 November 2013
Peaceful and good
What a great place. Rural but with the essentials for a comfortable camping, we had 2 days of joy and will definitely be back. Thanks Sarah.
Thursday, 07 June 2018
A rustic gem of the south west, great proximity to Dartmoor neolithic and mining sites. Clean,tidy and low key. A good place to be.
Monday, 24 August 2020